The coalition for science gives scientists a much needed voice before the public and national and local media, as the Kansas State Board of Education attempts to replace science standards carefully developed by a committee appointed by the board with a showcase for a theology known as Intelligent Design creationism.
Individuals and member organizations include:
- The Kansas Academy of Science
- Kansas Citizens For Science
- Kansas Families United for Public Education
- The Mainstream Coalition
- Kansas Association of Biology Teachers
- Kansas Association of Teachers of Science
For more information on the coalition and members, see the coalition.
For the position paper and publications, see pubs and docs.
events May 12
Thursday, May 12, 8:30 AM
Pedro Irigongaray, Memorial Hall,
Representing mainstream science as reflected in Draft 2 as submitted by the Kansas Science Writing Committee.
Will give interviews after event closes.